Concept development together with the client
We are offering technical and technological consulting to identify project goals. Conceptual design and expert services to help clients to clarify questions like:
- Which products will be produced? With which quality? In which packaging?
- How existing production processes can be improved?
- Can be consumption of water, energy, cleaning agents as well as waste of product reduced?
- How quality risks can be reduced?
- How can we use data from existing supervising systems for better production management?
- Is equipment maintained properly?
Independent technical audit and analysis of the existing production processes
Analysis of existing production processes can be done
- as initial part within the turn key project.
Decision in the favor of a turnkey is more cost effective for customer because audit is packaged into the overall project.
- can be ordered as a separate service.
Ordering separate audit service priced separately. It is leaving customer options whether to pursue the project or optimization at all.
Why to consider an outside expert?
It can make a significant difference to have an independent experienced expert, external to the business for confidential review of plant engineering and processes, evaluate your process operations, prioritizing the areas for improvement based upon maximum immediate and long term benefit for the business.
Our experienced dairy processes engineers promptly identify possible areas for improvenment with a view to implement best practice to optimize productivity and costs to make business more competitive; advice on a specific technical issues connected with technology.
We are focusing on:
Technological process optimization in areas of:
- Water treatment / filtration systems
- CIP systems (automated and manual, centralized and mobile) for all levels of hygiene requirements
- Milk receiving, filtration and cooling systems
- Diary products storage and distribution systems
- Heating, separation, deaeration processes
- Blending and homogenization processes
- Filtration, membrane separation processes for diary products
- Fermentation, cooling, mixing, additive dosing for diary products
- Utility preparation and distribution systems
Maintenance, service and support
We analyze and suggest improvements to customer’s equipment maintenance, service and support procedures and practices to allow reduction of overall production costs.
We analyze current situation and suggest improvements to reach required level of quality and reduce quality risks.
We analyze current situation and suggest improvements to customer’s environmental performance as water consumption and energy, which allow reducing overall production costs.
Production information management
We analyze and suggest improvement actions to customer’s planning, scheduling and monitoring of production as planning and scheduling accuracy. Level of production automation.
We analyze current situation and suggest optimization of production automation in accordance to the strategic goals and budget.
Basic project design
Basic project design is done after project goals are defined in the phase of conceptual design. It helps to clarify the following questions:
- How our goals achieved?
- Which production processes are needed to achieve goals?
- What main equipment is needed?
- How much space is required for the project?
- What utilities requirements?
- What is basic project schedule?
- What budget is necessary for investment?
- Can I have a 3D model of the future plant?
- How can I fit future plant to existing facilities?
Basic project design documents
- Basic process description preparation
- Basic process flow chart preparation
- Basic equipment layout preparation
- List of main equipment preparation
- Estimation of utilities consumptions
- Basic project schedule estimation
- Budget estimation of project value
- 3D basic model design
- 3D scan of existing facilities
5D process engineering
Detailed engineering is the first step of project implementation.
We are offering innovative 5D detailed process engineering & controlling option, which includes:
- 3D model
- time control option (4D)
- costs control option (5D)
5D approach allows client to have good control over costs of implementation and project schedule.
Using 5D engineering & project management help client to avoid unpredicted costs and allow to implement the project in planned time.
Client can order 5D detailed process engineering & controlling
- as a part within the turn key project
- as a separate service
Detailed project design documents:
- detailed process description
- detailed process flow chart – P&ID
- detailed equipment list
- 3D model of building and equipment
- utilities consumption estimation (steam, water, ice water, electricity, etc.)
- 3D model of product and CIP installations
- 3D model of utility installations
- definition of process limits – connecting points with other systems
- preparing of process automation concept
- preparing of time plans
- consulting for civil works related to process equipment
Investment cost estimation for tender activity
Request for quotation (RFQ) tender documentation preparation
Collection of the turn-key offers
Consulting during contracting phase
- project management and consulting of supplier during implementation phase
- project schedule – coordination with investor and sub suppliers
- consulting regarding equipment definition
- technical and technological consulting regarding automation functions
- design qualification (DQ) supervision
- control of supplier’s production during implementation phase
- supervision of FAT tests of equipment before delivery
- supervision of mechanical and electrical installation
- participation in start-up works
- during dry tests (IQ – installation qualification)
- during wet tests (OQ – operational qualification)
- CIP validation procedures
- performance tests (PQ – performance qualification)
- participation in training
- collaboration with customer during first production tests
- preparing final project documentation
Project management services for dairies across different geographical areas.
Formal project management education tailored for dairy projects.
Project management basics course.
Dairy manufactures need their resources focused on the day to day running of their facilities ensuring production targets are achieved. Running projects and conducting feasibility studies can be a distraction from their key objectives.
“What sets Bering apart” Robert Berce, managing director says: “Is the combination of experience and specific skills, that customers don’t need in-house. It allows us to offer clients a complete project management service”.
Our approach is to:
- work as much as possible with local workforce and knowledge
- listen to clients to assess their needs
- work within the designated jurisdiction
We understand the dairy market and provide project management services within the following areas:
- products and capacity selection
- equipment definition
- preparation of process flows and building requirements
- feasibility studies
- option appraisals
- dairy factory design
- tender management
We will ensure that project meets local regulatory requirements for factory design and quality, as well as compliance for all legal requirements of premises, products, storage temperatures, shelf life etc.
Typically, when potential customers come to us, they already have identified their business needs or opportunity. They call on the Bering experience to define the project scope, specifications, assemble the project team and deliver the results.
Engineers and project managers know day to day issues and pressures of running diary production facilities and understand the client’s considerations to best represent their interests.
Ensuring fast and seamless start-up
Starting new process production is always a great opportunity for business, which also carries a responsibility and risks connected with it. Capitalizing of that opportunity and reducing the risks greatly depends on the installation partner.
Whether it’s a greenfield plant or expansion of existing operations, with Bering by your side you can count on finishing project to the very end. When your equipment is installed and running.
Bering offers own “know-how” maintenance and support solutions, which allows to ensure smooth work of a production line or an entire plant.
Skilled field service engineers are at your service to make sure you get an optimum return from your maintenance investment.
Maintenance Services include:
- Preventive maintenance
- Corrective maintenance
- Production support
- Maintenance management
- Performance validation
- Equipment assessment
- Calibration services for instruments
Parts and components
Bering offers the quality parts and components services from reliable producers.
- Make delivery plan with customer tailored to the specific needs
- Ship on time
- Different logistic solutions tailored to your needs
- Express delivery option
Parts and components are tested and certified for food industry applications.